FarmsNext is a full-season farm internship program combining hands-on training and skill-based education in sustainable agriculture for aspiring farmers and ranchers.
It is an immersive experience that leaves students with a deeper understanding of sustainable agriculture, a foundation of entrepreneurial skills, and practical knowledge to plan for and start their own farming operation. Students live and work full-time on a host farm, receive ongoing training, and learn in-depth skills from their mentor farmer.
FarmsNext offers opportunity for hands-on training in the following:
- Organic vegetable, herb, seed, and flower production at various scales.
- Marketing techniques, including direct marketing through farmers markets, restaurant sales, and CSA programs.
- Raising livestock, including cattle, goats, poultry, sheep, and hogs.
- Farmstead dairying, including cheese making, with cows and goats.
- Farm-based education and agri-tourism opportunities.