This is a fresh take on the traditional coleslaw, featuring carrot and pineapple, plus a dressing flavored with lemon and orange juice for citrusy brilliance. Delicious!
Abidjan Cabbage Salad
- 4 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon
- freshly squeezed juice of 1 medium orange
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Place the cabbage, carrot, and pineapple in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together until creamy, or by combining the lemon and orange juices in a blender, then adding the salt and drizzling in the oil.
- Thoroughly toss the dressing with the vegetables. Refrigerate to let the flavors mingle, stirring occasionally, or serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!