With its Asian flavors of peanuts, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, and cilantro, this slaw is easy and beautiful and offers a fresh twist on the creamy classic. It may become your new staple in your potluck repertoire!
Asian Fusion Slaw
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1½ tbsp finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 2 bell peppers (any color) sliced into sticks
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 1 cup minced cilantro
- Whisk the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- In a big bowl, toss together the cabbage, peppers, and onions. Pour the dressing over the cabbage mixture and toss. Add salt to taste.
- Add the peanuts and cilantro right before serving. (This salad tastes better on the second day, but wait to sprinkle the peanuts over it until just before serving, or else they will soak up the dressing and get soft.)
— Sarah Libertus, former Featherstone Farm CSA manager
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!