Dress up ordinary sautéed broccoli with this most unusual, delicious dressing made with baby turnips and garlic scapes. This unusual recipe is from Nash’s Organic Produce, an award-winning farm located in the North Olympic Peninsula in Washington State.
Broccoli with Baby White Turnip and Garlic Scapes Dressing
- 1 bunch baby white turnips
- 1 bunch garlic scapes finely chopped
- ½ cup olive oil divided
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch sautéed broccoli for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Wash the turnips and cut off the leaves (chop them coarsely and reserve them for using later on in the recipe).
- Place the scapes and turnips on a cookie sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the turnips and scapes, and roast for 45 minutes. (If the scapes are browning faster than the turnips, remove them when they’re golden brown and continue roasting the turnips until soft.)
- Once the turnips and scapes are roasted and cooled, place them in a blender with the remaining olive oil and turnip leaves. Blend to a smooth consistency, add salt and pepper to taste, and serve over the sautéed broccoli.