This is a truly easy, incredibly delicious pie that looks like it takes much more effort than it actually does. Once you start eating it, none of that matters, either.
Easy-As-Pie Rhubarb Pie
- 1 unbaked 9-inch piecrust plus extra for top crust or lattice, if desired
- 4 cups diced rhubarb stalks
- ¼ cup flour
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 4 tablespoons dry tapioca mix Jell-O has the finest texture, but other brands work fine if you don’t mind larger tapioca balls)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Put the bottom piecrust into a 9-inch pie pan. If using a frozen prepared shell, allow to thaw at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the remaining ingredients together and let them stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Pour the filling into the piecrust and cover with a top crust or lattice, if using. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 450°F, then decrease the heat to 350°F and continue to bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the filling is bubbly.
Cooking Note: If you prefer, you may use a graham cracker crust. —Rich Hoyle
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!