Fennel and celery are wonderfully complementary in this crunchy, unusual salad that is seasoned with orange juice, black pepper, and Parmesan or Asiago cheese.
Fennel and Celery Salad with Parmesan
- 3 medium fennel bulbs, trimmed, some leaves reserved
- 6 celery stalks, trimmed, some leaves reserved
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Parmesan or Asiago cheese freshly shaved
- Cut the fennel bulbs lengthwise into quarters, discarding the outermost layer if it is exceedingly tough. Use a mandoline, a chef’s knife, or a box grater to slice the quarters thinly; slice the celery equally thin.
- Put the sliced fennel and celery into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and orange juice. Season with salt and pepper, then toss gently to combine. Top with lots of freshly shaved Asiago, chopped celery leaves, and chopped fennel fronds.
— Recipe courtesy of Paul Anater.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!