This is a delicate variation on the traditional cold Spanish tomato soup, using those little balls of summer—the sweet, orange, slightly citrusy Sungold cherry tomatoes. This recipe comes from The Blue Heron Coffeehouse in Winona, Minnesota.
- 2 pints Sungold cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup peeled cucumber chunks
- ½ cup red or green bell pepper chunks
- 1 whole scallion
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender or a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Cover and process until the mixture is almost smooth, but still retains some texture.
- Chill for at least 1 hour to let the flavors blend.
Variation: For a spicier version, add ½ jalapeño pepper, or ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper and a small bunch of fresh, chopped cilantro.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!