This Indian-Style Roasted Cauliflower recipe is from the fabulous Amy Kim of the Kim-Chi Mom blog, who writes, “Roasted broccoli or cauliflower that has been tossed in olive oil, salt, and pepper are side dishes that frequently show up at our dinner table during the week. They are easy and flavorful and always gobbled up by the kids. It proves that you don’t need a lot to put together a great meal. I wanted to put a spicy Indian spin on my roasted cauliflower. Now, I was happy just eating a bowlful of this cauliflower with a scoop of steamed rice, but this is a great accompaniment to any meal that needs a kick!”
Indian-Style Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Core the cauliflower, cut it into bite-size florets, and place them in a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the cumin, coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the cooking oil to the cauliflower and toss until the cauliflower is coated. Then add the spices and toss again until the cauliflower is evenly coated.
- Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread the florets out on the baking sheet so that they are not piled on top of each other; they’ll cook more evenly this way.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
— Amy Kim, Kim-Chi Mom blog
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!