Regular green beans suddenly look—and taste—more sophisticated in this easy dish that includes fresh lemon juice and zest, green onions, and fresh rosemary. A sprinkling of walnuts adds a nutty, pleasing crunch to the finished dish.
Lemon-Walnut Green Beans
- 8 cups small green beans
- cooking spray or vegetable oil
- 2 cups sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1½ tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1½ tbsp grated lemon rind
- Arrange the green beans in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 8 to 12 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge the beans into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain.
- Spray a sauté pan with cooking spray or pour in a little vegetable oil to coat the pan. Over medium-high heat, add the green onions and sauté until tender. Add the green beans, walnuts, rosemary, and lemon juice; cook, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated.
- Sprinkle with lemon rind.
Courtesy of Fruits and Veggies—More Matters; Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!