In this refreshing salad, you can vary the spices and seasonings to suit your palate. This salad tastes best when refrigerated for an hour or two before serving.
Mexican Black Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1½ cups cooked black beans or one (16-ounce) can, rinsed and dried
- 1 to 2 chopped fresh tomatoes (or a pint of halved cherry tomatoes)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- a little red onion or a couple of green onions chopped
- several sprigs of fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 to 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 to 2 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the dressing ingredients. Then add the remaining ingredients and toss thoroughly.
— Robin Taylor, Featherstone Farm CSA member
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!