- 2 small potatoes
- 3 parsnips
- 3 carrots,
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk
- A pinch of nutmeg plus more for garnish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes, parsnips, and carrots as desired, then chop them into small pieces.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, green onions, and ginger. Stir to coat. Add the coconut milk, plus 1 can of water. Stir, then bring to a boil; lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are tender. Add the nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Puree the soup in a blender in small batches. Garnish with nutmeg before serving.
— By Sara Jones, Tucson CSA, Tucson, Arizona
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!