Pear & Watercress Salad
This is a lovely, earthy fall salad that uses lemon juice and truffle oil to make a delicious vinaigrette. If you don't have truffle oil, you can substitute a good quality extra-virgin olive oil.
- 2 firm ripe pears
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves chopped
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil (you can substitute olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts toasted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches watercress rinsed, dried, large stems removed
- small chunk Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese shaved
- Peel the pears if you’d like, then remove the cores and slice the pear pieces into small, julienned strips.
- In a bowl, combine the thyme, truffle oil, salt, pine nuts, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Add the watercress to the bowl and toss everything together. Finish with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
— Esther McRae, adapted from Greg Atkinson
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!