This is a warm salad, with lightly cooked Sungold cherry tomatoes over a bed of wilted spinach, and dressed with garlic and olive oil. This recipe comes from The Blue Heron Coffeehouse in Winona, Minnesota.
Spinach and Warm Sungold Tomato Salad
- 2 large bunches spinach
- 1 pint Sungold cherry tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Wash the spinach, removing and discarding the thick stems. Dry the spinach thoroughly, and divide it among 4 large plates.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half through their stem ends.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and add the garlic and halved tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes, until the tomatoes soften and release some of their juices (but do not overcook, as the tomatoes should hold their shape).
- Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Spoon the warm tomatoes, garlic, and pan juices evenly over the spinach. Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!