Who would have thunk that nachos and strawberries could go together? But they do in this delicious dessert, made sophisticated by the amaretto and semisweet chocolate.
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- ⅓ cup sugar plus 2 tablespoons for the cream
- ¼ cup amaretto (almond-flavored liqueur)
- ½ cup nonfat sour cream
- ½ cup frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping thawed
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 (7-inch) flour tortillas cut into 8 wedges
- Butter-flavored vegetable cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds toasted
- 2 teaspoons shaved semisweet chocolate
- Combine the strawberries, ⅓ cup sugar, and amaretto in a bowl; stir well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes. Drain, reserving the juice for another use.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine the sour cream, whipped topping, the 2 tablespoons of sugar, and cinnamon in a bowl; stir well. Cover and chill.
- Arrange the tortilla wedges on two baking sheets; lightly coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with the cinnamon sugar. Bake for 7 minutes or until crisp. Cool on a wire rack.
- To serve, arrange the 8 tortilla wedges on a serving plate; top each with about ⅓ cup of the strawberry mixture and 2½ tablespoons of the sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with the almonds and chocolate.
— Recipe by Roz Kelmig for the California Strawberry Commission. Photo courtesy of the California Strawberry Commission.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!