Sweet potatoes and bananas combine to make a flavorful, low-fat custard made with evaporated skim milk and no added fat.
Sweet Potato Custard
- 1 cup cooked, mashed sweet potato
- ½ cup mashed banana (about 2 small)
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks beaten, or ⅓ cup egg substitute
- ½ tsp salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add the milk, blending well. Add the brown sugar, egg yolks, and salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Spread a thin coat of butter in a 1-quart casserole or spray it with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer the sweet potato mixture to the casserole dish.
- Combine the raisins, sugar, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top of the sweet potato mixture.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!