The Viral TikTok Baked Feta Pasta (#uunifetapasta)
With just a handful of ingredients, you can make this fresh and easy pasta while still feeling accomplished about what you’ve made. (Plus you get cool-kid brownie points for being so trendy.) Here’s the recipe, thrice viral, courtesy of Jenni Häyrinen (@liemessa). We played around with the recipe ourselves, as many have done on TikTok’s platform under the hashtags #uunifetapasta and #bakedfetapasta. The recipe below is adapted from Jenni’s original recipe, which can be found here. If you enjoy this recipe, be sure to follow Jenni on Instagram for more delicious content! (Photo taken by Arianna Ebert @ariannacaroline)
- 1 pound penne pasta
- Roughly 2 cups cherry tomatoes stems removed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 block (7 ounces) feta cheese
- ½ red Thai chili pepper diced, or ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh or dried oregano
- ½ tablespoon finely chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- 5 garlic cloves halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Handful of fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- First we line the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch glass dish with the tomatoes. Then, we pour some olive oil over the tomatoes—just enough to coat them and the bottom of the dish. After this, we place the whole block of feta cheese right in the middle of the tomatoes and top it with red chilli pepper flakes, oregano, rosemary, garlic, and MORE olive oil! Finally, we add some salt and pepper as a finishing touch before it’s oven time.
- Because we’re sticklers for getting a recipe right, we follow Jeanni’s cooking instructions verbatim:
- “Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes in the middle rack. Turn the heat to 440 F, move the dish to the upper rack, and use the grilling mode for another 10 minutes.
- "(Note! Watch for toasting. The baking time depends on the oven. The fire alarm went off for us at 5 minutes).
- "Cook the pasta al dente according to the cooking instructions. If you used cherry tomatoes with stems, remove them. The stems are there merely for the Instagrammable look, so plain cherry tomatoes will do fine.
- "Break up the feta a bit and mix in with the tomatoes. Mix the sauce with the pasta and add plenty of basil leaves.”
- After you get your TikTok or Instagram-worthy snapshot, it’s time to eat! We think you’re going to love this recipe—after all, it went viral for a reason!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!